incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kai Sommerfeld <kai.sommerf...@gmx.de>
Subject Introduction
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:01:54 GMT
Hi,

  as this is (almost) my first post to this list, let me give a short
introduction of myself.

  My name is Kai Sommerfeld, working for Star Division/Sun/Oracle on
OpenOffice.org and related projects for about 15 years, leading Oracle's
OpenOffice.org development team responsible for "Programmability and
Deployment". I am here as individual contributor and everything I will
do and say here is based on my very own opinion and motivation. I will
not speak for Oracle in any way and I am here only to help and to bring
OpenOffice.org forward.

  I'm a software developer and have experience in many code and non-code
areas of OpenOffice.org, mostly in the "lower" areas of the code base
(udk, sdk, api, extension infrastructure, ucb, ...). Among other things,
I did the original design and implementation of the Universal Content
Broker (UCB) and was Co-Lead of the UCB and UDK project for some years.
I was heavily involved in extending the OpenOffice.org extension
infrastructure to the featire set it has today.

  I look forward working with you all to make the long success story of
OpenOffice.org continue.

  Regards,
Kai.