incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Manfred A. Reiter" <ma.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Teams and Leads
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 06:26:00 GMT
Hi Ross, *,

Am 16.06.2011 14:55, schrieb Ross Gardler:
> On 16/06/2011 13:47, Manfred A. Reiter wrote:
>> Hi Sam, *,
>>
>> 2011/6/16 Sam Ruby<rubys@intertwingly.net>:
>>> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 6:47 AM,
>>> IngridvdM<IngridvdM@gmx-topmail.de>  wrote:

[...]
>> As long as we're talking about people like us. ;-)
>> But: what's with an enduser in Nagano, japan or an enduser in
>> Chap├ęco, Brasil?

> As Sam says below, new contact points can be created if/when they are
> needed.

[...]

>> Is it intended from NewOOo to deliver final products to the market?
>>
>> If yes,
>> than IMHO we should think *right now*
>> about an infrastructure for these parts of the project.
>> else ...
>>
>> Or do you think that there are too many unstability still in the
>> process?
>
> Generally the ASF approach is to *only* create additional channels
> when the noise in the existing channels is too high.

right for a project which starts from scratch

> We are nowhere near that point yet.
really?
There a millions of installations around the world, right now.
... and ... behind ... the grant of the code Apache received a lot of
"clients", ;-)
in different countries, with different culture and different languages.
sorry for talking about self-evident things, but they must be obseved

> At this point of incubation users are a key part of the development
> process for this project.

Yes and *they are* for more than 10 years.
All these users don't disappear while sourcecode is going from Oracle to
Apache.

> For example, how can we answer your question above without
> understanding what both the project members and its users want?
>
>> Nevertheless: The earlier you start these national projects, the more
>> uncertainty is removed from the market.
>
> You don't need a separate contact point to start working on these issues.

Could you please explain that point?

[...]

cheers

M.