incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Lange <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject My introduction
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:56:56 GMT
Hi all,

after some posts I think it's time for a short introduction of myself.

I'm Marcus Lange and working as Program Manager at Oracle for
OpenOffice.org but also for some of its commercial products.

Started in 1997 at Star Division as Support Engineer I got to know
StarOffice since its version 4.0. Until 2007 together with some
colleagues I was responsible to analyze and solve application problems
from customers and to forward all stuff that wasn't solvable or that
needed a patch.

In 2008 I've "switched" the roles ;-) and started as Program Manager.
Here I'm responsible to bring the solution/fix from the respective QA or
Dev engineer to the support team. Together with another colleague to act
as a single-point-of-contact.

Furthermore I've helped to bring the releases to the user. Because it
was much manual work for 1-3 days I've initiated and helped to bring
this effort down to hours with a new automatism. Improvement was also
done for the webpages in the download area and some others to make this
really happen and successful.

I've done also other things but these weren't in a closely context with OOo.

So, I'm not a developer of the core OOo code but will be happy to help
in other areas.

I'm also happy that "our office" has now a new home and that the journey
can go on. :-)

Marcus