incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Teams and Leads
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:55:25 GMT
On 16/06/2011 13:47, Manfred A. Reiter wrote:
> Hi Sam, *,
>
> 2011/6/16 Sam Ruby<rubys@intertwingly.net>:
>> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 6:47 AM, IngridvdM<IngridvdM@gmx-topmail.de>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I am really in favor of going without anyone being named leader or manager
>>> or any name that could create the impression that this person has more
>>> rights than the others. Maybe we can choose 'contact' as a neutral
>>> description in case something turns out to be needed? Or is there even a
>>> more neutral word?
>>
>> The only 'contact' that people need for this project is
>> ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org.
>
> As long as we're talking about people like us. ;-)
> But: what's with an enduser in Nagano, japan or an enduser in Chap├ęco, Brasil?

Sam says below, new contact points can be created if/when they are needed.

>> If this list grows too large or too busy, then we can create
>> additional 'contacts' in the form of more mailing lists.
>
> Is it intended from NewOOo to deliver final products to the market?
>
> If yes,
> than IMHO we should think *right now*
> about an infrastructure for these parts of the project.
> else ...
>
> Or do you think that there are too many unstability still in the process?

Generally the ASF approach is to *only* create additional channels when
the noise in the existing channels is too high. We are nowhere near that
point yet. At this point of incubation users are a key part of the
development process for this project.

For example, how can we answer your question above without understanding
what both the project members and its users want?

> Nevertheless: The earlier you start these national projects, the more
> uncertainty is removed from the market.

You don't need a separate contact point to start working on these issues.

> IMHO that was the question from Kazunari Hirano.
> https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#label/...ApacheOOo/13092fd2961dd406
> Unfortunately his has now answer until now.

That link is no use to people not using GMail, I can't see the mail in
my inbox. Sorry

Ross

--
rgardler@apache.org