incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Teams and Leads
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:31:25 GMT
On 16/06/2011 12:52, Ian Lynch wrote:
> On 16 June 2011 12:00, Sam Ruby<rubys@intertwingly.net>  wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 6:47 AM, IngridvdM<IngridvdM@gmx-topmail.de>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am really in favor of going without anyone being named leader or
>> manager
>>> or any name that could create the impression that this person has more
>>> rights than the others. Maybe we can choose 'contact' as a neutral
>>> description in case something turns out to be needed? Or is there even a
>>> more neutral word?
>>
>> The only 'contact' that people need for this project is
>> ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org.
>>
>> If this list grows too large or too busy, then we can create
>> additional 'contacts' in the form of more mailing lists.
>

> OK, sounds sensible to try using what already exists until there is a good
> reason not too :-)
>
> Let me test the system ;-)

<snip what="a description of why trademark permission is required"/>

> So what I'm asking for is permission to use the OOo Trademark and general
> community support.

ASSUMPTION: The OOo trademark is assigned to the ASF as expected

First point of call is the ASF trademark policy [1]. If you are
confident your use complies with the policy then no formal permission is
required.

If you feel you need formal permission then trademarks@apache.org is the
contact point as described in the policy.

The trademarks committee will either grant or refuse permission (usually
after consulting with the OO.o PMC).

Ross

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

--