incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Teams and Leads
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:27:09 GMT
On 16/06/2011 12:44, RA Stehmann wrote:
> Sam Ruby schrieb:
>
>> The only 'contact' that people need for this project is
>> ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org.
>>

> I don't think so. If for example the press wants to know, what's new in
> OpenOffice.org version x.y, you cann't say, ask at ooo-dev ... . They
> need a contact person or more than one in each native lang community.

That would be press@apache.org, who would liaise with the OOo PMC. Only
the ASF can speak for the ASF, each of the committers speak for themselves.

So the press can ask Fred Blogs what's new, but that will be Freds
opinion not an official statement.

I realise you are trying to make a more general point with a concrete
answer, I'm confident the mentors will be able to point you to the right
contact point in each case.

Ross