incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Subversion history (was: Wiki, SVN, other resources)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:18:30 GMT
On 14.06.2011 19:32, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 13:17, Mathias Bauer<Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net>  wrote:
>> On 14.06.2011 19:04, Greg Stein wrote:
>>> Right now, I believe our biggest impediment to an import is the list
>>> of "which files?". We know there are gaps... we need to figure out
>>> which files are necessary to fill those gaps, then request them from
>>> Oracle.
>>
>> I'm working on the complete list of files that we miss. The list is based on
>> milestone m103 of the code line "DEV300". We can merge in newer milestones
>> as patches later. That would be easier than starting with a complete new
>> list, IMHO. But YMMV.
>>
>> Please give me some more time to iron out the last details, there are still
>> a few hundred files that need to be checked.
>
> Patiently waiting! :-)

I now have a list of files that IMHO can't be part of the software
grant. A list with all other files is worked on by Oracle.

First there are (L)GPL files; I already mentioned the stuff needed for
"configure" elsewhere, I'm sure we can solve that. Another part of OOo's
code is "libegg", but AFAIK we don't need that at all and we can safely
ignore it.

There are some more files that are not owned by Oraclem, but have a
clear license:

(1) module "agg"

License:

> //----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // Anti-Grain Geometry - Version 2.3
> // Copyright (C) 2002-2005 Maxim Shemanarev (http://www.antigrain.com)
> //
> // Permission to copy, use, modify, sell and distribute this software
> // is granted provided this copyright notice appears in all copies.
> // This software is provided "as is" without express or implied
> // warranty, and with no claim as to its suitability for any purpose.
> //
> //----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // Contact: mcseem@antigrain.com
> //          mcseemagg@yahoo.com
> //          http://www.antigrain.com
> //----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> //
> // Arc vertex generator
> //
> //----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2) module "apple_remote"

License:

> /*****************************************************************************
>  * RemoteControlWrapper.h
>  * RemoteControlWrapper
>  *
>  * Created by Martin Kahr on 11.03.06 under a MIT-style license.
>  * Copyright (c) 2006 martinkahr.com. All rights reserved.
>  *
>  * Code modified and adapted to OpenOffice.org
>  * by Eric Bachard on 11.08.2008 under the same license
>  *
>  * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
>  * copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
>  * to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
>  * the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
>  * and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
>  * Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
>  *
>  * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
>  * in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
>  *
>  * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS
OR
>  * IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
>  * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
>  * THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
>  * LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
>  * OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
>  * THE SOFTWARE.
>  *
>  *****************************************************************************/

(3) module "psprint_config"

License:

> *% Adobe Systems PostScript(R) Printer Description File
> *% Copyright 1987-1995 Adobe Systems Incorporated.
> *% All Rights Reserved.
> *% Permission is granted for redistribution of this file as
> *% long as this copyright notice is intact and the contents
> *% of the file is not altered in any way from its original form.
> *% End of Copyright statement

(4) module "x11_extensions"

License:

> /*
>  * $XFree86: xc/include/extensions/randr.h,v 1.4 2001/11/24 07:24:58 keithp Exp $
>  *
>  * Copyright © 2000, Compaq Computer Corporation,
>  * Copyright © 2002, Hewlett Packard, Inc.
>  *
>  * Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its
>  * documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that
>  * the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that
>  * copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
>  * documentation, and that the name of Compaq or HP not be used in advertising
>  * or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software without specific,
>  * written prior permission.  HP makes no representations about the
>  * suitability of this software for any purpose.  It is provided "as is"
>  * without express or implied warranty.
>  *
>  * HP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL
>  * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL HP
>  * BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
>  * WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION
>  * OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN
>  * CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
>  *
>  * Author:  Jim Gettys, HP Labs, Hewlett-Packard, Inc.
>  */

(5) sane/inc/sane.h

> /* sane - Scanner Access Now Easy.
>    Copyright (C) 1997 David Mosberger-Tang and Andreas Beck
>    This file is part of the SANE package.
>
>    This file is in the public domain.  You may use and modify it as
>    you see fit, as long as this copyright message is included and
>    that there is an indication as to what modifications have been
>    made (if any).
>
>    SANE is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
>    ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
>    FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>
>    This file declares SANE application interface.  See the SANE
>    standard for a detailed explanation of the interface.  */

(6) Fontmanager:
	vcl/unx/source/fontmanager/parseAFM.cxx
	vcl/unx/source/fontmanager/parseAFM.hxx

License:

> /*
>  * (C) 1988, 1989 by Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
>  *
>  * This file may be freely copied and redistributed as long as:
>  *   1) This entire notice continues to be included in the file,
>  *   2) If the file has been modified in any way, a notice of such
>  *      modification is conspicuously indicated.
>  *
>  * PostScript, Display PostScript, and Adobe are registered trademarks of
>  * Adobe Systems Incorporated.
>  *
>  * ************************************************************************
>  * THE INFORMATION BELOW IS FURNISHED AS IS, IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT
>  * NOTICE, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY ADOBE SYSTEMS
>  * INCORPORATED. ADOBE SYSTEMS INCORPORATED ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR
>  * LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR INACCURACIES, MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY
>  * KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY) WITH RESPECT TO THIS INFORMATION,
>  * AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
>  * FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSES AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
>  * ************************************************************************
>  */

(7) connectivity/qa/complex/connectivity/hsqldb/TestCacheSize.java

License:

> /* Copyright (c) 2001-2004, The HSQL Development Group
>  * All rights reserved.
>  *
>  * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
>  * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
>  *
>  * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this
>  * list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
>  *
>  * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
>  * this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
>  * and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
>  *
>  * Neither the name of the HSQL Development Group nor the names of its
>  * contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
>  * software without specific prior written permission.
>  *
>  * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
>  * AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
>  * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
>  * ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL HSQL DEVELOPMENT GROUP, HSQLDB.ORG,
>  * OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
>  * EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
>  * PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
>  * LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
>  * ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
>  * (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
>  * SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
>  */

(8) module icc:

License:

> [...]
>  * reserved.
>  *
>  * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
>  * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
>  * are met:
>  *
>  * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
>  *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
>  *
>  * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
>  *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
>  *    the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
>  *    distribution.
>  *
>  * 3. The end-user documentation included with the redistribution,
>  *    if any, must include the following acknowledgment:
>  *       "This product includes software developed by the
>  *        The International Color Consortium (www.color.org)"
>  *    Alternately, this acknowledgment may appear in the software itself,
>  *    if and wherever such third-party acknowledgments normally appear.
>  *
>  * 4. The names "ICC" and "The International Color Consortium" must
>  *    not be used to imply that the ICC organization endorses or
>  *    promotes products derived from this software without prior
>  *    written permission. For written permission, please see
>  *    <http://www.color.org/>.
>  *
>  *
>  * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
>  * WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
>  * OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
>  * DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE INTERNATIONAL COLOR CONSORTIUM OR
>  * ITS CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
>  * SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
>  * LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF
>  * USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
>  * ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
>  * OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT
>  * OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
>  * SUCH DAMAGE.
>  * ====================================================================
>  *
>  * This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
>  * individuals on behalf of the The International Color Consortium.
>  *
>  *
>  * Membership in the ICC is encouraged when this software is used for
>  * commercial purposes.
>  *
>  *
>  * For more information on The International Color Consortium, please

(9) install-sh

License:

> # install - install a program, script, or datafile
> # This comes from X11R5 (mit/util/scripts/install.sh).
> #
> # Copyright 1991 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
> #
> # Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its
> # documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that
> # the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that
> # copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
> # documentation, and that the name of M.I.T. not be used in advertising or
> # publicity pertaining to distribution of the software without specific,
> # written prior permission.  M.I.T. makes no representations about the
> # suitability of this software for any purpose.  It is provided "as is"
> # without express or implied warranty.
> #
> # Calling this script install-sh is preferred over install.sh, to prevent
> # `make' implicit rules from creating a file called install from it
> # when there is no Makefile.
> #
> # This script is compatible with the BSD install script, but was written
> # from scratch.  It can only install one file at a time, a restriction
> # shared with many OS's install programs.

(10) MathMLDTD/math.dtd

License:

> <!-- Copyright 1997-1999  World Wide Web Consortium,    -->
> <!-- (Massachusetts Institute of Technology,            -->
> <!--  Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique, -->
> <!--  Keio University). All Rights Reserved.            -->
> <!-- http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/                -->
>
> <!-- Modified DTD for MathML 1.01                       -->
> <!-- Original DTD:                                      -->
> <!--    http://www.w3.org/1999/07/REC-MathML-19990707/mmlents.zip  -->
We have to check the licenses of these files, for me they look as if we
could use them.

There are still a lot of files that I can't estimate. I will report
about them in another mail.

Regards,
Mathias