incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RA Stehmann <anw...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de>
Subject Introducing myself
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:51:42 GMT
Hi,

my name is Michael Stehmann. I'm observer in the germanophone
OpenOffice.org community since some years.

My better known wife Mechtilde, who is the person responsible of the QA
in the germanophone community, and I run booths for promoting
OpenOffice.org on the T-Dose 20110 (together with LibreOffice),
OpenRheinRuhr 2010 (Oberhausen), Fosdem 2011 and Chemnitzer Linuxtage
2011. We plan to run a projectroom on FrOSCon 2011 (St. Augustin), and
booths on POST 2011 (Pforzheim) and OpenRheinRuhr 2011.

I'm developing a little program for german lawyers called Canzeley (see
http://canzeley.org ) based on OpenOffice.org and MySQL. It's mainly an
extension for OpenOffice.org, written in StarBasic. Together with my
wife I developed Forderungsberechnung367.ots, a template containing a
StarBasic Macro.

So my special interests are StarBasic and the API.

Mechtilde and I are fellows of the Free Software Foundation Europe. I'm
a member of the Freedom Task Force.

For me the OpenOffice.org project is more than a big bundle of code.

There are also people, who have played a strong part in the success and
high profile of OpenOffice.org not only by developing code or writing
documentation but also on many other ways (QA, marketing, translations,
support on mailing lists, IRC channels and fora, writing content for
websites and wikis etc.). So developing code or writing documentation is
not the only way to make valuable contributions to the project.

My aim is to bring the open and democratic culture of the germanophone
community into the new Apache project.

I think it would be the best way to continue the success of
OpenOffice.org proceeding the good partnership between enterprises (and
their employees) and volunteers.

Regards
Michael