incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RA Stehmann <anw...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de>
Subject Re: Teams and Leads (was: Proposed short term goals)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:19:49 GMT
Greg Stein schrieb:

> We certainly don't have "Leads". I know that is a different model from
> how the OOo community has operated in the past. We'll need to find
> ways to coordinate actions. It is certainly possible to have
> "coordinators" or "managers" (such as a Release Manager, or Patch
> Manager), but these are different from "Leads". They have no more say
> than anybody else in the community. They are just the focal point for
> coordinating the broader activities.

To be "lead" in the OpenOffice.org project never has been a question of
power but of responsibility.

Their only power is the power of those who do. It's the same for other
officers in the OpenOffice.org project.

I read, there is no single vision on how PMCs should run a project and
the communities they host. So I think the OpenOffice.org community can
create or better bring in its own customary constitution even it's
hosted by Apache.

OpenOffice.org is a little bit different from other Apache projects.
That makes sense to gover it in a different way.

Regards
Michael