incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject decision making (wsa Re: [discuss] remove of binfilter module)
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:23:31 GMT

>>> http://s.apache.org/D16
>>> http://community.apache.org/committers/

>  From http://community.apache.org/committers/lazyConsensus.html:
>
> "Sometimes a member of the community will believe a specific action is
> the correct one for the community but are not sure enough to proceed
> with the work under the lazy consensus model. In these circumstances
> they can state Lazy Consensus is in operation."

On reading that back I realise it's a horrible explanation, so I just
changed it to:

"Sometimes a member of the community will believe a specific action is
the correct one for the project but are not sure that there will be
consensus. In these circumstances they may not wish to proceed with the
work without giving the community an opportunity to feedback. In these
circumstances they can make the proposal and state Lazy Consensus is in
operation."

Ross