incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Hollmichel <martin.hollmic...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] remove of binfilter module
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:17:11 GMT
On 06/15/2011 12:45 AM, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Am 15.06.11 00:15, schrieb Ivo Hinkelmann:
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> good idea to remove it, preferred the whole module. It saves us a lot
>> of build time!
> Build time no matters in this case. No user will understand this
> argument. And the question is for wath we are here. To make a good
> product for end user, or to play around with code?

this raises a good question: how to make Product Management decisions ?
The past has shown, that decisions driven by one main contributor are
not necessarily the best ones. I'm wondering how can we establish
something like a voting system for doing the right or at least good
decisions. I also think, the one contributor - one vote thing also don't
work out in this user centric matter (I think it will work well for
engineering centric questions). We need something to identify good
representatives of user communities to be able to do good decisions.
> As QA I can't accept to remove samething to save Build Time, sorry.
> Byside you can dissable binfilters if you build samething who does not
> afffect the binfilter.
It's important to bring the interests of all groups, engineering, QA,
marketing and users to a common ground. This raises also the question
which priorities are driven by whom, and how they get represented by whom,

Martin