incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Bootstrapping a build
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:00:17 GMT
On 15.06.2011 16:03, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>> dmake is GPLed and hosted at openoffice.org, because the original developers
>> have abandoned it long time ago. We never made binary releases of dmake and
>> we don't need to do it in the future, but we need to find an "official"
>> place for the dmake source code, so that we can build a binary version for
>> us that can be used to build OOo.
>>
>> Advice from our mentors is needed here.
>
> So far we do not host GPL code (incubator might be an exception).
>
> Do you know this:
> http://www.apache-extras.org
>
> It is google code for ASF related projects, which do not really fit
> into the ASF.
>
> I would suggest that we a create an project there especially for code
> like dmake.
> Every committer can have commit access to this project on request.
>
> I know this is done from other projects who care about necessary code,
> which do not belong to the original core.
>
> What this be an option for you?

As far as I'm concerned that would be fine for dmake. I never liked to
have it in the OOo code base and I know that others would welcome to
have it separated too.

That still leaves the problem with configure etc. as described in my
mail that started this thread.

According to

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#build-tools

it looks as there could be some hope, right?

Regards,
Mathias