incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [discuss] remove of binfilter module
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:41:58 GMT
On 15.06.2011 15:36, Christian Lippka wrote:
> Am 15.06.2011 01:03, schrieb Kai Ahrens:
>> Hi Carl,
>>
>> Am 15.06.2011 00:59, schrieb Carl Marcum:
>>> Hi Christian,

>>> Would this include the MS xls, doc, formats?
>> No, it wouldn't. It's just about the StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
>> internal binary document formats, that have been deprecated for almost
>> 10 years now.
> Something about this made me remember a discussion some month ago. I
> thing it
> was about one or more legacy MS filters that the writer team moved to the
> binfilter module. I can't remember the exact details but maybe Mathias
> knows
> more about this?

It was more than one filter; we had filters that imported Lotus 1-2-3
and Excel spreadsheets(!) into Writer documents, but not any current
formats, but some versions from the stone age (DOS aera).

The mere fact that nobody knew that these filters existed at all showed
me pretty clearly that obviously noone will miss them.

Regards,
Mathias