incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Bootstrapping a build
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:33:11 GMT
On 15.06.2011 14:09, Simon Phipps wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Mathias Bauer<Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net>wrote:
>

>> dmake is GPLed and hosted at openoffice.org, because the original
>> developers have abandoned it long time ago. We never made binary releases of
>> dmake and we don't need to do it in the future, but we need to find an
>> "official" place for the dmake source code, so that we can build a binary
>> version for us that can be used to build OOo.
>>

> To clarify:  Is dmake part of the source code grant, or is it still the
> property of the original developers and just being hosted on Oracle's system
> for convenience?
>
> Thanks
>
> S.

It's the latter. The copyright is owned by "wticorp" ("Web Tools
International" or so IIRC) and its website is given as
http://dmake.wticorp.com/. Both obviously have vanished.

IANAL, but dmake can't be part of the software grant as Oracle does not
own the source code of it. It is not part of OOo itself (non of its
deliverables ends up in an OOo package), but it always was built as part
of the OOo build system bootstrap process.

There are several options for how we can proceed, I just wanted to get
some advice from the mentors which are doable and which aren't.

Regards,
Mathias