incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Bootstrapping a build
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:10:53 GMT
Moin,

there are two things about building OOo that need to be clarified.

Currently we use "configure" to set the build environment. The way we
are doing it requires that a few GPLed files are part of our code
repository:

acinclude.m4
aclocal.m4
config.guess
config.sub
configure

"configure" is generated from "configure.in" that AFAIK is owned by
Oracle and also resides in OOo's code repository.

How can we do that in a code repository hosted at apache.org?

The next problem is the build system itself. We have started to move our
code to a new build system using GNU Make, but there is still a lot of
code that uses another make tool, dmake.

dmake is GPLed and hosted at openoffice.org, because the original
developers have abandoned it long time ago. We never made binary
releases of dmake and we don't need to do it in the future, but we need
to find an "official" place for the dmake source code, so that we can
build a binary version for us that can be used to build OOo.

Advice from our mentors is needed here.

Regards,
Mathias