incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <>
Subject Bootstrapping a build
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:10:53 GMT

there are two things about building OOo that need to be clarified.

Currently we use "configure" to set the build environment. The way we
are doing it requires that a few GPLed files are part of our code

"configure" is generated from "" that AFAIK is owned by
Oracle and also resides in OOo's code repository.

How can we do that in a code repository hosted at

The next problem is the build system itself. We have started to move our
code to a new build system using GNU Make, but there is still a lot of
code that uses another make tool, dmake.

dmake is GPLed and hosted at, because the original
developers have abandoned it long time ago. We never made binary
releases of dmake and we don't need to do it in the future, but we need
to find an "official" place for the dmake source code, so that we can
build a binary version for us that can be used to build OOo.

Advice from our mentors is needed here.

View raw message