incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Peters <frank.thomas.pet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki for the project - wiki.services.openoffice.org provenance
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 05:40:59 GMT
> I was more concerned by the statement just beneath the broad
> copyright notice:
>
> "Sections or single pages of this wiki are covered by certain
> licenses. If a licence notice is displayed at a given wiki page, you
> may use the content of this page according to the license. In case
> you are contributing to such a page, your contribution is covered by
> this licensing terms."
>
> The Copyright notice itself lacks a certain precision, for that
> matter.  Consider the discussion page and the question that seems to
> have been sitting unanswered since 2005:
> <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Wiki_talk:Copyrights>.

Yes, this situation is a little "fuzzy". But the question is
irrelevant for this matter since we are pondering about
copyright, not licensing.

>  And some of the authors seem to have attached non-permissive
> licenses to their contribution.
>
> I just created an account on that Wiki and I didn't have to agree to
> anything so far.  I'm also not able to even edit my own User page
> though, and I did confirm my e-mail.  Interesting.

That is news to me. I have been trying to get a click-through
agreement implemented for a long time to clarify things right
from the start but, alas, to no avail

Frank