incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kai Ahrens <ka_...@ahrens-netz.de>
Subject Re: [discuss] remove of binfilter module
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:38:07 GMT
Hi Christian et al.,

Am 14.06.2011 23:20, schrieb Christian Lippka:
> I know we all wait for the code and the missing contributions from Oracle.
> But no reason to plan ahead.
> One think I like to see is the removal of the binfilter module after the
> code has been contributed.

+1

> Caveats
>
> While replaced by xml formats way back in 2002, there are still
> documents in the binary format
> around so at least loading them may be a requirement for some users.
> There is a consensus
> that only the import part is needed, but removing just the export part
> is tedious work so no
> one has done it yet.

I'd vote for removing the whole binfilter code and not only the export
part. As discussed many times before, those who still have a need to
import binary documents can always use one of the existing OOo releases
as a converter to ODF.

Just let's start with a code base as clean as possible. This seems to be
the perfect point in time for me to make some real decisions and to not
make compromises from the beginning on.

Regards
Kai