incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion & Git (was: Proposed short term goals)
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 20:30:20 GMT
On 14/06/2011 18:18, Simon Phipps wrote:

>>> My main reason for being here is to have "a foot in both camps" and make
>>> sure that there's someone to bring in TDF people whenever there's scope
>>> collaborate and draw the overall OOo community together.
>>
>> I'll simply note that those people with a "foot" here are those that
>> are actually doing the work.
>>

> Respectfully, that's an unhelpful statement.

I agree.

Simon is trying to help us build bridges to the TDF. Inevitably this is
going to be clumsy to start with and it will often seem that we, the ASF
are being asked to compromise in ways we find impossible or
unacceptable. However, we should recognise that part of "doing the work"
at this stage is trying to build those bridges.

Lets give Simon the benefit of the doubt for now, lets assume Simon will
back down on suggestions that don't fit well for good reasons (like this
one I'm afraid Simon). We shouldn't attack him whenever he tries to be
constructive.

Ross