incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Peters <frank.thomas.pet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki for the project - wiki.services.openoffice.org provenance
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 20:08:57 GMT

> What caught my eye was the statement that some material was under
> special licensing and you'd have to notice that on an individual-page
> basis.

That is indeed the case and the licensing situation on the
wiki has traditionally been awkward. But couldn't Oracle
remedy this by (as copyright holder) relicensing the content
under AL like done with the source?

Frank

> -----Original Message----- From: Greg Stein
> [mailto:gstein@gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:51 To:
> ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org Subject: Re: Wiki for the project -
> wiki.services.openoffice.org provenance
>
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 13:37, Frank Peters
> <frank.thomas.peters@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> Am 14.06.2011 18:05, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
>>>
>>> There are two pages that caught my attention immediately on
>>> visiting http://wiki.services.openoffice.org.
>>>
>>> There is this one:
>>> <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Wiki:Copyrights>.

And that leads to this interesting one:
>>> <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Authors_licensing_declaration>.

None of those are what I would call permissive.