incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Peters <frank.thomas.pet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki for the project
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 20:05:23 GMT
> I prefer not to mix developer/project-facing material and user-facing
> material on the same wiki, because it is difficult enough to maintain
> a consistent voice for the user-facing material.  Also, users should
> be able to easily subscribe to and make additions to the
> user-oriented wiki without contending with the project-oriented
> organization.
>
> That was my thinking.

I see and I get your point now. I agree we need a certain
degree of separation but that does not necessarily need to
be in the form of two distinct wikis.

Having two sections in a common wiki would allow to easily
move content over, as occasionally done with OOo where
feature developers kept draft documentation for their
features while in development and then docs folks
clean it up and move the content over to the documentation
section.

Also, a common entry portal then leading off to user-facing
documentation or developer documentation or project related
pages would reveal the mechanics of the project to those
who are unfamiliar with how open source projects work and
may help make this more transparent.

Frank