incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wiki, SVN, other resources
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:44:05 GMT
On 14/06/2011 17:34, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hi guys;
>
> I am a freeBSD user/contributor and I hope I will be able to
> contribute to OOo too. For now do excuse me if I am not very
> aware of the Apache processes/procedures.

That's what the incubator is for. Out goal (as mentors) is to get enough
people up to speed that we can then all get out the way and watch the
project flourish.

> One doubt I have is whether the historic metadata from the previous OOo
> Hg/bugzilla will also be imported.

Generally we prefer to preserve history. It's not a requirement though.
I'm not aware of a script for moving history from Hg to subversion, but
I'm pretty sure someone here will know the best approach.

> The bugzilla database probably
> has uncommitted code that is nevertheless property of OpenOffice.org.

Personally I agree with you. It is better to bring across the bugzilla
data. Again, we need someone to step forward and work with our infra
team to make this happen. Volunteers?

> On both cases I guess the Oracle OpenOffice stuff will remain
> available for a while, but I was wondering if it made sense to
> transition all that stuff into the Apache incubator ASAP or just
> leave it as-is and fix the bugzilla issues case by case.

+1 for doing it ASAP.

Ross