incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From IngridvdM <Ingrid...@gmx-topmail.de>
Subject Re: Wiki, SVN, other resources - Questions
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:55:27 GMT
Am 14.06.2011 18:26, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Greg Stein wrote:
>> After all, we may want to choose to use Bugzilla instead of Jira.
>> IOW, the community needs to decide on a bug tracker: Jira or Bugzilla.
>
> The OpenOffice.org Issue Tracker was migrated to a (possibly slightly
> customized) Bugzilla installation a few months ago, and remaining
> migration problems have been mostly ironed out by now.
>
> Since the Issue Tracker is a vital part of OOo and there are thousands
> of links to the OOo Issue Tracker around, now automatically mapped to
> Bugzilla links, I'd choose a tool that allows a painless import from the
> current Bugzilla: if the current Bugzilla hasn't been customized too
> much, then Bugzilla seems the most convenient choice.
>
> I'm taking for granted that the around 118000 existing issues on the
> OpenOffice.org Issue Tracker will be imported, because losing them would
> be a huge loss for the project.

The current OOo bugzilla instance is still in use. Even today I got a
change notification. So in case it is necessary to set up a different
bugzilla instance and copy the content I think it is necessary to
organize a read only phase with a proper information for the users. And
afterwards a redirect needs to be placed or something. Oterwise we will
end up with two diverging bug systems or some user input will be lost.

Kind regards,
Ingrid