incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Proposed short term goals
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:47:24 GMT
Hi Damjan,

svn does not have any problems to manage the source code, but there are
performance problems when change sets from different branches need to be
merged. I will tell more about that later, when more people will have
joined the list.

Regards,
Mathias

On 13.06.2011 21:37, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> OO.o is a very large project, it might be overkill for Subversion. Is
> Git an option?
>
> Damjan
>
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Joe Schaefer<joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> I would suggest waiting a few more hours before proceeding
>> with this to give people time to subscribe.  Also I'm not
>> sure gating on infra migration is the best strategy to start
>> off with.  AIUI Oracle is willing to host the domain throughout
>> the incubation period, which will provide us with many months
>> to facilitate a smooth transition.
>>
>> My primary concern at this point is in getting the codebase
>> into subversion, as pretty much nothing can happen until
>> that is underway.  I don't believe that's gating on a grant
>> or anything else from Oracle, all we need to get going is
>> an svn dumpfile to load.  (Doing the license header migration
>> will require an appropriate grant, but that can be done at
>> any time prior to a release).  If it's as big as I expect it to
>> be infra may postpone the load until the weekend in order
>> to minimise the downtime impact on the rest of the ASF.

>>> 2) Translation/Localization
>>> 3) Documentation,  both in-product and on-website
>>> 4) User support, including user forums