incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Top level question on website migration
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:18:50 GMT
----- Original Message ----

The sites are static, but they are generated from a subversion tree.  So no,
you can't "connect to svn" from the site.  But look at www.apache.org which
has lots of "dynamic" content tho it is also uses the CMS.

> So having a  sign up sheet or a
> locate the closest OOo support center. I can't make that  with Subversion.

It isn't the point of the main website to provide signup sheets.  That's
something
a link to a wiki page can provide.  Finding the closest OOo support center is
something a CGI script can do that has access to read-only data on disk.