incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: Some more strange files in the OOo code
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 23:07:42 GMT
--- On Tue, 6/21/11, Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net> wrote:

Thanks for looking and thanks for being brave enough to post
your opinions ;-).

> So indeed nothing the LO developers have done has
> observably improved the overall performance. The great thing
> the LO developers did is the code cleanup. It doesn't make
> the application faster, but handling and understanding the
> code is improved. Perhaps it also helps with the library
> rearrangement.

Cleanups are boring but not difficult. I do think we should
focus on having things build first though.

I don't know if someone wants to spend time and effort on it
later on but we can import some of the LibreOffice enhancements:
if the changes involve only removing code we don't need a
license for that.

> Anyway, let's talk about OOo now.

Great idea :) Have you seen where the GNU regex code is?
I suspect GNU regex is the only piece we need to replace,
the rest of the packages with problematic licenses can
either be made optional or removed.

Pedro.