incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: User facing web items
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:34:30 GMT
Ross,

Drew had a long description. If that gives you any clarity.

This is apparently the license: http://openoffice.org/terms_of_use

Here is what Zoltan wrote:

On Jun 18, 2011, at 7:11 AM, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> 2011.06.18. 15:46 keltezéssel, Andy Brown írta:
>> Hi Zoltan,

snip.

>> Good to see you here. :)  Terry and I have been in contact an he corrected me on
his role as Admin.  He also told me that the license for the Forums is Copyleft which, if
I understand correctly will prevent them from being on ASF servers.  If they are part of the
grant then I guess that could change.  I am looking as some alternate options in case ASF
can not host the forums.
> The forums have link to the terms of use: http://openoffice.org/terms_of_use
> This link was on all the time while the forum runs.
> For my best knowledge, never was problem wit that.
>
> Now it is contain ASF 2.0 license for codes, I see no problems to licensing.
> Usually no source codes submitted to forums.
>
> Zoltan

Regards,
Dave

> We've been told code is Apache licensed, but what about the content?
>
> This same question applies to the content on the user mail lists (asked about elsewhere
in this thread).

> Ross
>
> Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)
>
> On 18 Jun 2011, at 18:14, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 18, 2011, at 9:33 AM, eric b wrote:
>>
>>> OOops, sorry, should read:
>>>
>>> "Can someone explain why OOo4Kids and OOoLight are missing in this list ?"
>>
>> Thanks for the reminder.
>>
>> As for explanations the Apache podling and committers are still getting organized.
The project website is just there and we had our first commits in our SVN repos just last
night - the website. We are waiting on Wikis. Haven't decided on Bugzilla vs. JIRA ...