incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: Some more strange files in the OOo code
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:20:33 GMT
 On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:57:03 +0200, Mathias Bauer
 <Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 22.06.2011 20:33, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
>>

>> --- On Wed, 6/22/11, Rob Weir<apache@robweir.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> (5) A header from GNU c library
>>>
>>> hwpfilter/source/ksc5601.h
>>>
>>> Are we allowed to use it in the build?
>>>

>> I looked this up and it appears to be part of an old
>> version of GNU libiconv. XFree86 also has a copy
>> under a liberal (MIT?) license:
>>
>> http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/lib/X11/lcUniConv/ksc5601.h
> Where do you see that this comes with a liberal license?

 The XFree86 Project never adopted GPL software and they would
 never go around removing copyrights. Being an
 X derivative they prefer an MIT like license. To be strict
 one has to start climbing the source tree though.

 OTOH, the BSDs have their own implementations of libiconv so
 this header shouldn't be a problem at all.

 Cheers,

 Pedro.