incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache CMS and Multiple Templates
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:06:11 GMT
Pretty much. Block inheritance is very powerful when used well.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2011, at 7:03 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

On Jun 30, 2011, at 3:47 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

Yes but then your templates need to have {% block %}

You mean like the following in skeleton.html?

   {% block content %}{{ content|markdown }}{% endblock %}

declarations for the inheritance to work.  Basically
if you've ever programmed in django you have the full
power of it available to you (in perl).  Instead of
thinking of the site as static, think of it as dynamic
with auto-caching turned on.  You really only lack
form input / query string handling, but on a basic
level that's doable with cgi scripts.

And javascript.