incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suarez-Potts <lsuarezpo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native Language vs l10n
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 21:24:56 GMT
Hi
On 2011-06-17, at 15:49 , Rob Weir wrote:

> 3) Language projects each appoint at least one member to join the Apache
> OpenOffice project as a liaison.

Let's see. The reason we didn't opt for this solution with OOo is because we had a conceivably
*huge* number, and as it is, have probably something like about 100, not all of which are
still current. Rob's suggestion of criteria put in play is therefore crucial. At OOo, we opted
for representatives to body the NLC. Other solutions are obviously possible. Really, my interest
lies in promoting a) contribution, b) development, c) market expansion, all with a minimum
of fuss and max. of fun.

-louis