incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suarez-Potts <lsuarezpo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bugzilla or JIRA? (was: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:28:07 GMT
Hi Christian, et al.,

On 2011-06-17, at 11:58 , Christian Lohmaier wrote:

> Hi Heiner, *,
>
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Jens-Heiner Rechtien <jhrechtien@web.de> wrote:
>> On 06/17/2011 04:42 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Later? I doubt it.
>>
>> Why?
>
> "later" is the answer for everything that is not going to happen.
> "Later" was also the answer to the mailing-list archive URLs.
> Same as "requirements" for Issues.
>
> But in the current case: There was absolutely no interest in the
> problem itself.
>
> Anything that was related to infrastructure came to a halt and then
> continues up till today to a almost non-bearable extent. Starting with
> buildbots and buildmaster (both the software as well as the Mac
> -hardware that was donated to the project and hosted at the former
> Sun-Office in HH), continuing with the comparably tiny bugzilla issue,
> did continue with the basically non-availablility of the
> extensions-website, the unavailability of pootle and also includes the
> always-has-been-a-topic of preserving mailinglist-URLs/having a way to
> map old URLs to the new infrastructure.
> So sorry if I don't really have trust in "later" arguments when it
> comes to infrastructure that is in Oracle's governance/responsibility.
> You have to beg for even getting an answer (and while the answer then
> was "person who dealt with that stuff moved on/now has other tasks, so
> no fix in sight" this is better than no reply at all.
> And yes, now this is moot, however especially for the extensions and
> pootle servers, "you" need to be a solution soon.
>
> And yes, you are right, of course I did knew about TDF at that time,
> mixed things up here.
>
> And yes, I'm aware that the extensions site is hosted by OSUOSL, so I
> cannot really blame "Oracle" but I also know that this is not a
> for-free hosting, but that OSUOSL did receive compensation for running
> the services (as I happened to be involved in approving this expense
> in December 2009/January 2010 - and even if it was a one-time payment
> of 5000 € only). But after all this doesn't matter, as all those who
> have the corresponding contacts/those who could do something about it
> happen to be Oracle employees, so the circle closes.

Not so sure about that :-)

I'm not an Oracle employee and have not been for some time now. I also am planning on going
to Oscon, for the CLS (community leadership summit) and also for the summit on OOo, if that
will take place. I can directly raise these issues with OSU OSL there, provided I'm adequately
briefed on the issue.

OOo still is around ;-)

> ciao
> Christian