incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: Oh, let's not forget too
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:34:49 GMT

On Jun 19, 2011, at 10:14 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> I am not certain this is identified as something to deal with.
> Along with the domain and whatever happens with that, there is also the affinity e-mail forwarding operation.
> Is there anything in place to sustain that?
> Might it be interrupted or even retired at some point?
> (Not proposing, just want to ensure that someone has their eye on this.)

Good catch. I was thinking about the domain transfer workflow which is something I just went
through at work.

(1) Transfer domain.(Is the Foundation handling this? Anything needed from the project?)
	- ownership from Oracle to ASF.
	- Transfer DNS records as is.

(2) Transition subdomains including
	- main page overlay
	- individual sub-domains...

Forums, Issue Tracker, Email, .... we need to build a mapping of the OOo site and the start
deciding replacement and transition strategies for each/

The Wiki is taking some time. I propose we publish a "Transition" page for the website where
we communicate the many transition topics involved and the current status.

I think this week has been a great start. The experience of the individuals who are here now
is truly incredible. I look forward to working with you all!

Best Regards,
View raw message