incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Failure to have Unicode (UTF-8) text at the SVN (was svn commit: r1137103 - in /incubator/ooo/site:... )
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:54:35 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote on Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 20:40:58 -0700:
> No joy.
>
> Nothing I do prevents the SVN server from coughing up text files as Western Europe (ISO)
encoding.

> I wonder if it was simply a coincidence that it appeared to work on the OIC SVN.
>
>  - Dennis

trunk/content/ trunk/content/openofficeorg/ trunk/content/openofficeorg/css/ trunk/content/openofficeorg/docs/
trunk/content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/ trunk/content/open

> I looked at the properties on folders in my working copies and I have no issue tracker
integration.  The TortoiseSVN settings on my computer have no Issue Tracker Hooks and there
are no SVN properties being asserted automatically on folders.

> So I think I'm in the clear.  I'm always running the latest TortoiseSVN (64-bit if that
matters).

>  - Dennis
>
> I was still bummed that I can't set
>
>    *.txt=svn:mime-type=text/plain;charset=UTF-8

Need to escape the semicolon here.  I /think/ that we recently patched
some escaping syntax, but I can't find it right now...

/me looks at Greg

> I was certain I'd figured out how to do it for the OIC SVN, but those TortoiseSVN and
SVN clients were on a machine I don't have any more (sigh).

> I FOUND IT IN MY OIC SVN WORKING FOLDER on my home server.  SVN appears to recognizes
a mime.types file in a repository folder, and autoprops are additive to that.  (Or the web
server is doing it.  I don't care.)

> I switched to doing all MIME types in the file and using autoprops in the client only
for other things.  Hmm.  I do love that I narrate my repos: