incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Andre Schnabel" <Andre.Schna...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Teams and Leads
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:33:15 GMT
Hi,

> Von: "Manfred A. Reiter" <ma.reiter@gmail.com>

> to have an idea ... these are the current mailinglists
> in the OOo ... german subdomain.
>
> announce@de.openoffice.org
> dev@de.openoffice.org
> users@de.openoffice.org
> cvs@de.openoffice.org
> issues@de.openoffice.org
> marketing@de.openoffice.org
> qa@de.openoffice.org
> business@de.openoffice.org
> ooocamp@de.openoffice.org
> cdrom@de.openoffice.org
>
> at the beginning the geramanophone branche of OOo startet with only
> *two* mailinglist
> all the others where created according to the needs of the German Project.

I'd say two mailing lists should be enough for 99% of the language teams.
But ...

> But IMHO each "national project" should start with at least a userlist
> and a list to organise the "national needs" ;-)

Creating the user lists would be really important. And you cannot only
creat localized user lists, *after* you see to much traffic on any other
(non localized) list. Non-english users will only join discussion at
large if they can discuss in their native lang. As long as you do not
offer locale user lists, you would hardly realize that there is a need
for it ;)

regards,

André