incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Behrens <...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Wiki for the project - wiki.services.openoffice.org provenance
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:07:58 GMT
Frank Peters wrote:
> >um, I think the point made here is that certain content is *not*
> >copyright-shared with Oracle, and thus cannot be (easily)
> >relicensed?
>
> The point was about licenses and not copyright.
>
> The mentioned wiki Copyright page says
>   "Copyright 1999, 2010 by the contributing authors and
>    Oracle and/or its affiliates."

Hi Frank,

I think you've lost me here. Since Oracle does not exclusively own
the copyright for individual content, surely it cannot relicense it
unilaterally? Especially it cannot remove copyright statements like
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Authors_licensing_declaration
as per http://openoffice.org/terms_of_use ยง4 c?

Disclaimer: I have a stake in this, being one of the people listed
on the page above ...

Cheers,

-- Thorsten