incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: User facing web items
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:31:06 GMT

On Jun 18, 2011, at 11:03 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)
>
> On 18 Jun 2011, at 18:34, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Ross,
>>
>> Drew had a long description. If that gives you any clarity.
>
> It does now I've read it more carefully, thanks (and to Drew)
>

>>> Can you please clarify the legal status of the content on the forums?
>>
>> This is apparently the license: http://openoffice.org/terms_of_use
>
> I think this ought to be discussed on legal-discuss, specifically 3a which indicates
"some materials" may be under terms different to these, and 4c which gives a right to sublicence
but not a copyright grant, thus we can't relicence. 4e indicates that some "projects" might
be under different terms requiring a CLA.

> As ever (for me) reading the T&Cs give me more questions than answers.

Me too! So, who should take it to legal-discuss? Sam? Someone from the PPMC?

I want to do technical and organizational work, licenses can make my head explode.

Regards,
Dave

> Ross
>

>> Here is what Zoltan wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 18, 2011, at 7:11 AM, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Andy,

>> snip.

me on his role as Admin.  He also told me that the license for the Forums is Copyleft which,
if I understand correctly will prevent them from being on ASF servers.  If they are part of
the grant then I guess that could change.  I am looking as some alternate options in case
ASF can not host the forums.
>>> The forums have link to the terms of use: http://openoffice.org/terms_of_use
>>> This link was on all the time while the forum runs.
>>> For my best knowledge, never was problem wit that.
>>>
>>> Now it is contain ASF 2.0 license for codes, I see no problems to licensing.
>>> Usually no source codes submitted to forums.
>>>
>>> Zoltan
>>

>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>>> We've been told code is Apache licensed, but what about the content?
>>>
>>> This same question applies to the content on the user mail lists (asked about
elsewhere in this thread).

>>> Ross
>>>
>>> Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)

The project website is just there and we had our first commits in our SVN repos just last
night - the website. We are waiting on Wikis. Haven't decided on Bugzilla vs. JIRA ...