incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice project interest in South Africa?
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 23:04:37 GMT
Less democracy, more meritocracy at this point please.  It's now
almost 1 month since the proposal hit general@incubator, and as
Danese suggested, it's time to let go of the idea that getting
diverse representation from key geographical locations is going
to lead to a more productive working group at the ASF.

There is a lot to do here, and all I see is very sketchy starts
at getting any of it done.  If leaders are to be born here we need
them to step up and start tackling this massive set of problems
a little bit at a time.

I'm not saying not to go out and invite more people to the project.
I am saying be careful how you do it because the community is watching
for favoritism or any other unfair methods of advancement.