incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Community and Developer Wikis Now Available
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:13:33 GMT

On Jun 20, 2011, at 2:48 PM, eric b wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Le 20 juin 11 à 23:30, Dave Fisher a écrit :
>
>> Announcement - two confluence wikis are now available for the Apache OpenOffice.org
project.
>> The Apache OpenOffice.org Community Wiki is at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/
>> The Apache OpenOffice.org Developers Wiki is at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOODEV/
>

> Thanks a lot for the announce => account successfully created :-)
>

>> Anonymous viewing is allowed.
>>
>> In order to create content sign up for a confluence wiki account at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action
>> If you have an apache.org email address it is easiest for us for you to use it for
the wiki.

>> The Community wiki is for everyone.

The community wiki is the perfect place for the Education Project.

>> The Developers wiki is for project planning and documentation. Permission to create
content must be limited to the Podling PMC, OOo committers, Foundation Members, and those
who have signed an ICLA (http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt). To be authorized, once
you have signed up for the wiki, please request access rights by replying to this email with
your ID.

> Are people willing to contribute to the developer wiki forced to sign the ICLA ? Why
if it is, as written above, for project planning and documentation ?

Anything that might become part of a release must be Apache Licensed. By signing the ICLA
you acknowledge that you are contributing what you have the right to contribute.

If you want to contribute, but don't want to sign an ICLA go ahead and use the Community Wiki.

Think of it like this the developer wiki is behind the IP/Licensing Firewall and the community
wiki is in the DMZ at a similar level of IP control to bugzilla, the mailing list and user
forums.

Sorry, the language was unfortunate and I should have explained the Community Wiki is the
place for Community Planning.

Regards,
Dave