incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:59:41 GMT

--- On Thu, 6/30/11, Alexandro Colorado <jza@openoffice.org> wrote:

> I can go to JIRA and find the feature list and compare it
> with Bugzilla, and I can see there are some minor advantages,

Please do so :).

> but I agree that the familiarity
> of bugzilla is usually lower the learning curve for most
> people. I mean whats the point of having a better issue
> tracker if the users don't get it right away?

The learning curve here is not at all a big issue here.
The maintenance that may be a problem is done by infra@
and the rest is not difficult. We are already learning
SVN and a new Wiki package so adding JIRA to the new
toolset is not a showstopper. Also, IMHO, this is a good
opportunity to have a fresh start and use the best tools
available for the job.

Pedro.