incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User documentation planning
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:35:01 GMT
On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 05:59 +1000, Jean Weber wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 05:49, C <smaug42@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Last I checked, the Confluence Wiki can export to PDF and MS Word
> > documents, but cannot export to ODT.  It would be somewhat
> > embarrassing to use a Wiki for OOo documentation and only be able to
> > export MS Word formatted documents :-P  Or... can someone create an
> > ODT export extension for Confluence?
> >

> I know one of the documentation team at Atlassian, who works on
> Confluence (among other products). She spoke at the Australian Online
> Documentation Conference last year about the many ways her
> documentation group was using Confluence. I believe the topic of
> export to ODT came up (I probably asked), but I don't recall the
> answer. I'll ask her if anything is happening about this.

Sorry for the delay on this. It was entirely my fault in not asking my
contact earlier; I got a response from her almost immediately after
sending a query. Here's what she said:

There is an open request for the feature on our issue tracker:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-4730

A good idea would be to contact the development team who provide the
Scroll Office and Scroll Wiki Exporter plugins for Confluence. The
company is called K15t. They are based in Germany. I've had quite a lot
of contact with Tobias and Stefan, both really great guys. They know a
lot about office, documentation and Confluence.

Here are their contact details:
"Stefan Kleineikenscheidt (K15t Software)" <stefan@k15t.com>
"Tobias Anstett" <tobias@k15t.com>

Someone else should follow up on this, as I'm unlikely to understand any
technical aspects of the reponses.

--Jean