incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scope of Apache license: what needs to be covered?
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 00:28:21 GMT
On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 19:22 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> It might help to be explicit about what you want to do with the user
> guides.  Are you:
>
> 1) Looking to have a link from the Apache OOo web site to the user guides?
>
> 2) Having the publication form of the user guides hosted by the Apache
> OOo website?
>
> 3) Periodically contributing the user guides to Apache OOo for
> inclusion in a release?

1) and/or 2) Yes, if AOOo in interested in either of those options. Or
hosted (as ODT/PDF) on the wiki, with links to the wiki from the
website. We would be happy with any of those arrangements.

3) No. I do not envision user guides being included in a release. They
never have been, and I think it would be impractical because they are
never completed in time for inclusion in a release.

And repeating from another note from me, just to keep the info together:

We would welcome participation by any and all members of AOOo, and
oversight and approval by the AOOo (P)PMC at any stage, as long as we
don't have to use SVN or other unfamiliar tools during the document
production process. We just want to continue using our own website and
production methods.

--Jean