incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scope of Apache license: what needs to be covered?
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 23:22:14 GMT
On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 09:05 +1000, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
> Sam,
>
> To make sure I understand your answer to Rob, could you please clarify
> for me:
>
> What about user-oriented documentation (user guides, tutorials, etc, as
> listed by Rob)?
>
> Or was that covered by your answer at the bottom of your note, about
> making a concrete proposal for presentation to legal-discuss? I couldn't
> tell if that applied only to things for inclusion in an official release
> (Rob's item 2), or if it applied also to things not included in a
> release but provided on the AOOo website or wiki (Rob's item 1).
>
> I am asking, of course, because the independent ODFAuthors group, which
> has been producing the OOo user guides, would like to continue doing do
> for AOOo, while remaining independent.

And to clarify what I mean by "independent": I mean using our own
website and production methods. We would welcome participation by any
and all members of AOOo, and oversight and approval by the AOOo (P)PMC
at any stage, as long as we don't have to use SVN or other unfamiliar
tools during the document production process.

--Jean