incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Community and Developer Wikis Now Available
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:59:34 GMT
On Wed, 2011-06-22, Frank Peters wrote:
> Am 20.06.2011 23:30, schrieb Dave Fisher:
> > Announcement - two confluence wikis are now available for the Apache
> > OpenOffice.org project.
> >
> > The Apache OpenOffice.org Community Wiki is at
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/
> >
> > The Apache OpenOffice.org Developers Wiki is at
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOODEV/
> >
> > Anonymous viewing is allowed.
> >
> > In order to create content sign up for a confluence wiki account at
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action
> >
> > If you have an apache.org email address it is easiest for us for you
> > to use it for the wiki.
> >
> > The Community wiki is for everyone.
> >
> > The Developers wiki is for project planning and documentation.
>
> So where does user documentation content go? The community wiki says
> that it would not be for "core developer documentation".
> What does this term mean? I assume that all documentation content
> on the current OOo wiki including the Developer's Guide
> is to be placed on the community wiki?

I'm looking for some clarification on this, too.

I certainly hope that all the user guides and other user docs are to go
into (or be made available through) the community wiki. If I understand
some other discussions correctly, people won't need to sign the iCLA to
contribute to the community wiki.

I've had only a very brief look at the community wiki, and am still
attempting to digest the many emails on this list and read up on the
Apache way of doing things, so I could well be totally confused on a lot
of topics.

--Jean