incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <>
Subject Re: Oh, let's not forget too
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:58:44 GMT
Dave Fisher wrote:
> We certainly need a plan that does not simply stop
> email.

Actually, as others said I would just keep the addresses
running; to address a concern, I've used mine for many thousands of
OOo-related actions and nobody ever questioned if I was speaking on
behalf of or personally.

> How many individual forwards do we have?

They used to be really many (in the thousands for sure) but they have
been reduced in March 2011 with the Kenai migration to only the users
who had been active (i.e., logged in on the OOo website) in the last (at
the time) 18 months.

> So, ANYONE could get an email alias for their real
> email address?

Yes. Even squat it. But I don't think this has ever happened.

> And there must be infrastructure to be able to change that email
> address and cancel it as well.

No! Changing is probably possible and done in your personal profile, but
removing used to be impossible as far as I know (not that I ever tried).

> Messy, the bugzilla transition is therefore entangled with how we deal
> with

Yes, because here it's hardcoded, as others wrote.

> Does this personal email forwarding also entangle with
> the user forum transitions?

Not in general, but I registered to the forum with my
address, so in corner cases this could affect it.

View raw message