incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: User facing web items
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:40:37 GMT
On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 19:35 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 18 June 2011 19:14, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Ah, we don't need a license on forum content in order
> > to host the forums at Apache.  People who post to the forums
> > are implicitly granting the right of publication thru
> > the website, similar to people who post to the mailing
> > lists grant the right to republication in web archives.
> > It's part of the nature of the service, and doesn't need
> > to be spelled out in an agreement.
>
> Isn't that dependent on the terms of use of the specific site.

and here you go: Each person creating an account must agree to the
following (this is translated to all 9 Languages support at the fourms)

"By accessing “OpenOffice.org Community Forum” (hereinafter “we”, “us”,
“our”, “OpenOffice.org Community Forum”,
“http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum”), you agree to be legally
bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by
all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use
“OpenOffice.org Community Forum”. We may change these at any time and
we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to
review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of
“OpenOffice.org Community Forum” after changes mean you agree to be
legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”,
“phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which
is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public
License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com.
The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the
phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as
permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB,
please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful,
threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate
any laws be it of your country, the country where “OpenOffice.org
Community Forum” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to
you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your
Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of
all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree
that “OpenOffice.org Community Forum” have the right to remove, edit,
move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you
agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database.
While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without
your consent, neither “OpenOffice.org Community Forum” nor phpBB shall
be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data
being compromised."

I suppose the last paragraph is the most pertinent here.

Hope that helps,

//drew