incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: User facing web items
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:04:11 GMT
On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 08:42 -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Zoltan - If you wish to get this done please contact Gavin so that the technical requirements
plus any formal request to Oracle can be organized.

Hi Zoltan, Dave

As it happens I've have the details available and am subscribed to the
infrastructure list - I'll pass this information along to Gavin M.
there, today.

As for a formal request to Oracle, it is not needed. I was part of the
group the established the relationship with SUN Micro wherein they
supplied use of a server (a zone on a server actually). The content of
the forum was never owned by SUN.

At the time Terry Ellison and me had to sign contributor agreements but
that was only a requirement for us to register our SSH keys and have
root access to the zone. There was not such requirement for anyone else
associated with the site.

Terry maintains the site. He has expressed his desire to continue to do
so. (But since I'm already hooked into the mailing lists here I'll just
pass the details on, for expediency) For my part I think it's time to
move on, I truly believe that is the right decision for everyone
concerned.

So - as for requesting that the OO.o User Community Forums become part
of the Apache OpenOffice.org project, formally - the request needs to go
to the Volunteers Group at the Forums, not Oracle.

Zoltan has all the authority needed there, both formal and good will
wise, to do just that. I hope and will advocate to the members that they
avail themselves of such an offer, should it come - however will not
take part in any vote by the membership.

My best wishes for all your continues endeavors,

Drew Jensen