incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <>
Subject Re: User facing web items
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 16:25:56 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> IMHO, I'd like to see the user forums become part of the project.  I
> think user support is traditionally a function of an Apache project.
> Although it is most commonly done with a user list, that is just an
> implementation detail, not the essence of the function.  Since OOo has
> so many users, the list would never scale.  The traffic would be too
> heavy and would make it useless for users.  So an Apache hosted phpBB
> instance makes the most sense to me.

I agree. It wouldn't make sense to lose the forums, that are a very
important resource for end-users and one of the few resources that are
still shared by and all derivatives (as the header says,
they support, LibreOffice, StarOffice, and NeoOffice).
And should continue to be an official part of the project, so hosted at
Apache if at all possible.

View raw message