incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Can we rationalize and formalize "a language project"?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:07:45 GMT
Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
> I'd also like to modify the original OOo notion of a native language
> project. When I set them up, I did so with a focus on language not
> region.

And you were right, there is no need to change it. Or, to be more
precise, there are two categories of tasks:
1) Translation (interface, online help, documentation), QA on localized
   versions.
2) Events, marketing, contact with the local press.

For type-1 activities, we should still work by language, and the
repositories should be structured as such; type-2 activities require
coordination but no code repository, and can probably be addressed by
mailing lists and dedicated wiki sections.

Regards,
  Andrea.