incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] remove of binfilter module
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:40:57 GMT
Raphael Bircher wrote:
> I'm not sure if the Users are so happy with it. LibO had the same
> discussion same month ago, with the result uf user protests. ...
> we have to provide a extension as minimum.

Even though I highly trust the developers when they say that binfilter
is unmanageable, I share these concerns. It would be best to package
binfilter as an extension if feasible, or at least to have a simple
conversion tool available for download (not an older version of OOo, but
a small, dedicated tool that users could download if needed, and that
can be run separately from OOo).

Regards,
  Andrea.