incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <>
Subject Re: Wiki, SVN, other resources - Questions
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:26:49 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
> After all, we may want to choose to use Bugzilla instead of Jira.
> IOW, the community needs to decide on a bug tracker: Jira or Bugzilla.

The Issue Tracker was migrated to a (possibly slightly
customized) Bugzilla installation a few months ago, and remaining
migration problems have been mostly ironed out by now.

Since the Issue Tracker is a vital part of OOo and there are thousands
of links to the OOo Issue Tracker around, now automatically mapped to
Bugzilla links, I'd choose a tool that allows a painless import from the
current Bugzilla: if the current Bugzilla hasn't been customized too
much, then Bugzilla seems the most convenient choice.

I'm taking for granted that the around 118000 existing issues on the Issue Tracker will be imported, because losing them would
be a huge loss for the project.

View raw message