incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Subversion & Git (was: Proposed short term goals)
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:22:08 GMT
Simon Phipps wrote:
> One factor we need to consider is making it easy to collaborate with
> peer/downstream projects, per the podling proposal. LibreOffice has
> imported all the code into Git

I'm not a LibreOffice developer, and the code I contributed to
OpenOffice.org is outside core, but I believe an important factor here
is that, as far as I know, the current LibreOffice setup has 20 or so
git repositories, which are meant to be consolidated into one sooner or
later, with a non-trivial migration.

So, if we aim at collaboration, the choice is not only about technology
but also about repository layout; and this of course makes the picture
much more complex, because you can't satisfy everybody.

Regards,
  Andrea.